Unit Coordinator - Reception, Secretary - Inpatient Behavioral Health - Contingent
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea is a not-for-profit hospital established in 1970. Located in Chelsea, Michigan. SJMC is a member of Saint Joseph Mercy Health System. SJMC is nationally recognized for both quality of care and patient satisfaction by national ranking organization Press Ganey, and is accredited by the Joint Commission. SJMC attracts more than 300 physicians in almost all disciplines, with leading edge technology, including the largest and strongest MRI in Michigan. SJMC is consistently ranked in the top five percent of hospitals in the country for inpatient satisfaction, employee engagement, and physician satisfaction. SJMC has been recognized for two consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" by Modern Healthcare Magazine and the Studer Group.
The Unit Secretary is responsible for a variety of activities involving clerical support, obtaining requested medical records by the medical team, and providing support to patients and staff in the unit
- Identifies and assists in resolution of problems related to safety, sanitation and maintenance of the environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain release of information consents from patients.
- Documents are accurately edited for spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and word usage.
- Develops and maintains accurate record keeping and filing systems.
- Distributes department mail in a timely manner.
- Answers telephone calls professionally (by Service Excellence Standards) and relays information appropriately and timely.
- Refers complaints from patients/staff in a professional manner to the Director or designee.
- Demonstrates current knowledge about payroll system
- Completes payroll prior to the deadline, allowing director time to review and sign off.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and collaborate with team members and intra-departmentally.
- Identifies department needs, offering suggestions for improvement.
- Minimum of high school education
- Recent unit secretary experience preferred
- Medical terminology preferred
- Located in the Chelsea, Michigan with easy access to I-94 and M-52.
- Full benefits package
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer contribution option
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 22 different states!
- Free close proximity parking!
Successful candidate will be subject to mandatory vaccinations/immunizations unless they qualify for an available exemption.
This document is intended to describe the generalized duties and responsibilities, the specialized job functions, and the essential requirements of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities, or non-essential requirements or reflect any accommodations made under the American’s with Disability Act, the Michigan Handicapper’s Act, or SJMHS’s Return to Work Program.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionManagement and Manufacturing
IndustriesHospitals and Health Care
Hospital Coordinator in Stockbridge, MI