Estimated pay range
Actual pay may be different — this range is estimated based on Textile Designer in Coventry, Rhode Island, United States at similar companies.
Base pay range
Response Technologies is seeking a high-energy and experienced Textile Designer and Technologist, with hands-on, practical experience. This key senior level position will accelerate the technical and commercial traction of our core technologies and products. Designing 3D woven and knitted technical and fashion fabric constructions, within an AS9100 continuous improvement quality culture. Some specific tasks include:
- Design and develop 3D technical textile products and composites
- Improve the manufacturability of legacy: products, processes and materials
- Work directly on 3D textile processing equipment, providing “hands on” support to manufacturing engineers and fabricators.
- Train and develop textile technicians to assume day-to-day responsibilities for processing new textile-based product development products.
- Research and develop new textile based materials and novel textile processes
- Utilize a design of experiment (DOE) approach to testing and down-selection of materials based on manufacturability and optimized mechanical properties.
- Author material and process specifications for new textile products.
- Write test plans in support of materials testing.
- Working knowledge of advanced textile materials and products.
- Proven Design and Development track record - (Portfolio Review)
- Working knowledge of advanced textile woven and knitted design tools.
- Eagerness to learn and explore advanced 3D textile processes
- Prior experience, or eagerness to learn SMART textile embedding materials and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player, with strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent computer skills-Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 3D Modeling is highly desired
- Collaborate in writing technical proposals for development grants and development sales
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Textile Design discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience is required
- Candidates with advanced degrees and prior Military Service, in combination with experience, are encouraged to apply
- Prior hands-on textile processing experience is a strong plus.
- Combination of textile design and textile engineering experience highly desirable
- STOLL M1Plus design expertise is a key advantage
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
Bell Textron Inc.
08/18/2021, 8:40:46 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesDefense and Space Manufacturing, Aviation and Aerospace Component Manufacturing, and Industrial Machinery Manufacturing
Textile Designer in Coventry, RI
Factory Manager jobs
Industrial Technician jobs
Graphic Specialist jobs
Creative Lead jobs
Graphic Designer jobs
Design Coordinator jobs
Materials Specialist jobs
Design Assistant jobs
Freelance Designer jobs
Furniture Designer jobs
Senior Graphic Designer jobs
Contract Designer jobs
Aeronautical Engineer jobs
Print Designer jobs
Interior Design Intern jobs
Fashion Specialist jobs