What You'll Do
As a Tax Consultant II on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. You will work with U.S. and multinational companies, understand national and international trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their business objectives. You will also have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions to enable international trade management operations.
- Assisting Managers and Senior Managers with day-to-day operations of practice
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global import and export strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts, technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess and potentially automate their international trade management procedures within all major trading regions.
- 1+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or consulting)
- Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related field
- Experience with U.S. import regulations
- Knowledge of export regulations including ITAR/EAR
- Travel up to 50%
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- US Customs Broker License
- Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- Other certifications upon approval
- Limited Sponsorship may be available
- Big 4 experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Knowledge of non-U.S. import/export controls
- Data management and analysis experience
- Foreign language skills
- Demonstrated leadership and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export compliance
- Demonstrated interest in international trade or international business
- Strong research, writing, verbal communication, and project management skills
- Familiarity with global trade management software
- Software aptitude in PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- SAP SD/MM Certifications
Seniority levelNot Applicable
IndustriesIT Services and IT Consulting, Business Consulting and Services, and Accounting
Tax Consultant in Washington, DC