Estimated pay range
This range is not provided by Amazon — it is based on 8 Linkedin member-reported salaries for Senior Advertising Manager at Amazon in New York, New York, United States.
Base pay range
Additional compensation types
Video advertising is a complex, multi-sided market with many technologies at play within the industry. The industry is rapidly growing and evolving as viewers are shifting from traditional TV viewing to OTT, and from terrestrial radio to streaming. In addition, publishers are increasingly adding video content to their online experiences. Amazon’s video advertising program is a rising competitor in this industry. Amazon’s service has differentiated assets in our customer & audience insights, exclusive video content and associated inventory on our streaming services (IMDbTV, Twitch, Prime Video, Amazon Music, etc.) and devices (FireTV, Echo, Fire Tablet) which all position us well as an end to end service for advertisers and agencies. As our business grows, we are continually experimenting with a portfolio of emerging ideas and technology as well as global expansion. We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to help foster these nascent ideas into scalable products and launch them into the market.
You will be our single threaded leader for shaping innovative ideas into launched products across the world that our customers will love. You will be the voice of the customer. This role is inherently cross-functional with a high degree of ambiguity - you will work closely with engineering, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to bring features and products to market, and grow business opportunities. You will be a highly visible leader that will own the communication, coordination, and execution of key product launches. You will work with senior leaders to define strategy and requirements and then execute.
A successful candidate is analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products that advertisers love. You must engage with customers to deeply understand their current and emerging needs. Video advertising is rapidly evolving and you must develop customer insight to identify solutions and invent on behalf of their customer. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded technical background as well as a history of leading complex, ambiguous projects end-to-end - with a passion for advertising.
- Lead the development of our emerging product strategy supported by internal and external analysis.
- Develop detailed business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product or feature.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products. Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Write 1, 4 and 6 page documents communicating your plans to internal stakeholders from across and at all levels within Amazon. This includes monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- 6+ years of experience managing teams
- MBA or equivalent master’s degree from a top MBA program
- Experience with leading science-based products using the latest machine learning and computer vision technology
- Experience in the advertising technology space
- Demonstrated success translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit with track record for delivering results despite ambiguity and rapidly changing realities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1642981
Seniority levelMid-Senior level
Job functionProject Management, Information Technology, and Product Management
IndustriesIT Services and IT Consulting, Software Development, and Internet Publishing
Senior Product Manager in New York, NY
Senior Product Manager jobs
Vice President Sales Engineering jobs
Senior Process Consultant jobs
Director Sales Engineering jobs
Senior Engineering Manager jobs
Product Solutions Manager jobs
Director Of Information Technology jobs
Head of Product jobs
Senior Program Manager jobs
Solutions Architect jobs
Product Manager jobs
Business Manager jobs
Engineering Program Manager jobs