Kathy Kuo Home carries a highly curated collection of home furnishings while offering clients premium interior design services and easy-to-shop look books. The KKH team members are design-obsessed, entrepreneurial-minded, and service-oriented individuals that seek to create more impact and beauty in the world of interiors. We would love for you to join our fast-paced, but relaxed and fun-filled working environment.
Kathy Kuo Home is seeking a creative and motivated Content Creator to join our social media team. This role will have the unique opportunity to work closely with Kathy and define the next phase of social for Kathy Kuo Home, in strengthening the voice and personality of the brand across marketing platforms.
The role reports to the Brand Marketing Manager, and supports overall key business priorities, site launches, industry moments, and partnerships initiatives. This position requires a strong creative intuition, refined design eye, exceptional copywriting skills, and proactive approach when it comes to content creation and storytelling.
Obsessed with the home furnishings space and understand how to consistently evolve the brand presence in the interior design, home furnishings world via technology, design, and content creation. You understand the importance of being a thought leader in this space, staying elevated, curated and focused on brand identity. You come to meetings with new initiatives whether it be photography, video or other out of the box brand idea and aren't afraid to challenge the norm. You thrive in a start-up style office environment with little micro-managing, yet are humble enough to know when to turn back and try something else.
- Conceptualize, create, edit and manage visually compelling photo and video content for Kathy Kuo Home’s social and marketing platforms
- Create content specifically optimized for Facebook, Instagram (including Feed, Stories, IGTV, Lives, and Reels), YouTube, Kathy Kuo Blog, and other channels as assigned
- Work in partnership with the brand team and social media coordinator to develop a content calendar that supports short and long term marketing goals, and execute against it
- Develop elevated narratives and scripts for Kathy and outside partners that focus on larger brand initiatives, while feeling personal to Kathy and reflect overall brand voice
- Produce shoots and conceptualize collaboration opportunities dedicated to building exposure around Kathy as a female entrepreneur and leader in the design space
- Work with Brand Marketing Manager to develop organized shot lists for larger brand photoshoots and visual video storyboards for social ideas
- Independently utilize tools including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro to create high-quality visual social/mobile still and video content including photos, videos, GIFs, stop motion, cinemagraphs, and audio soundbites/podcasts
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools, content techniques, and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how we can adapt for KKH channels
- Help to continuously optimize content production tool kit, including cameras, camera gear such as tripods, sound devices, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in photography, marketing or relevant experience
- 2-3 years of experience in photography, social media and/or digital content
- Interest in photography, videography and social innovation (new platforms, techniques, etc.)
- Interest in interior design and the luxury space, and the surrounding cultural spaces
- Self-starter and highly motivated; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple project deadlines efficiently
- Superior verbal, written, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with content creation apps
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment while working effectively and collaboratively with team members
- Experience working with or in an ecommerce brand is preferred
Content Creator in New York, NY