Senior Visual Designer
Did you know over a billion plastic toothpaste tubes are thrown away every year? That's the staggering statistic that led to Bite's launch in 2018.
Bite was founded in an effort to build the world's most sustainable personal care company. We started with toothpaste tablets and within 2 years expanded to a suite of plastic-free oral care products. Transitioning to a personal care brand with the recent launch of Deodorant, our sights are set on eliminating plastic (entirely) from people's daily-use routines.
We're setting a new standard for sustainability in the personal care industry and we need amazingly creative and capable storytellers to help us get there. Join us as we push the boundaries of innovation across multiple categories with our award winning sustainable products.
We primarily invest in two things: products that make the pursuit of our mission possible and the people that will ultimately get us there. Our team is currently comprised of 11 people who are mission-obsessed and hungry to make an impact on the world. We are a highly collaborative and energized work environment focused on the advancement of our cause and our company dedicates a tremendous amount of time and resources for the personal development of each team member.
Our team is made of former top talent from agencies, large CPG companies, and seasoned direct-to-consumer brands. We are a team of contributors who embrace our perception of "delusional" entrepreneurship. We believe that doing the "crazy" things – from product innovation to our creative – is what sets us apart.
Creative is Core to Our DNA
At Bite, we believe if you want to change the world, you have to start with a narrative that mobilizes millions of people — and that starts with first class creative and design. With less than a fraction of the budget of large CPG companies, we've built the creative output that has been recognized and showcased by Shopify's President, highlighted in Forbes, and has won countless awards.
The Senior Designer Role
In this role, you will be making exceptional visual creative that propels Bite's brand narrative and takes our marketing efforts to new heights. You are a detail-obsessed designer with impeccable taste and the desire to consistently make best-in-class work. You will be reporting to and working closely with our Creative Director to build and evolve the brand.
- Design and execute creative and digital assets for multi-channel marketing campaigns: social ads with animated text, emails with GIFs, social media posts, website graphics, etc.
- Conceptualize and design beautiful email content that drives conversion for growth, including flows, weekly needs, seasonal campaigns and transactional emails
- Collaborate with internal teams as well as freelancers to execute day-to-day and large-scale campaign deliverables
- Maintain a keen understanding of best practices for paid media channels and all ad formats and placement for Facebook, Snap and Pinterest with an emphasis on Instagram's feed, stories, reels, etc.
- Ensure all design materials align to the key messaging and specific audience of each project
- Executing packaging design and production print work if needed
- A multidisciplinary conceptual thinker with stunning branding abilities
- You are a confident, persuasive communicator – especially visually – with the ability to speak to your work and make intelligent design decisions.
- You have the ability to receive and deliver critical feedback
- You like to learn from teammates, but also take initiative to meet various design challenges independently
- You have an obsessive attention to detail
- Your eye for quality means you prefer to see your designs from concept, through the production process, and into a customers hand
- You're a perfectionist at heart, but you always ship your work on time
- You can zoom out for broad conceptual thinking, but also zoom in to execute fine details of photo retouching, for example, when needed
- You stay current on competitive landscape and growth tactics, including email marketing and social campaigns to differentiate Bite within a quickly growing market
- 3 to 5+ years in digital design
- Fluency in tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma and After Effects
- The ability to stitch together video content, static assets and typography to tell a compelling 15 second story
- The ability to produce multi-channel digital marketing campaigns in After Effects with animated typography and delightful transitions
- A deep understanding of layout, typography, color, visual hierarchy
- The experience creating tactical, direct response ads and emails
- The experience maintaining (and advancing) a cohesive brand design system
- The ability to color correct or retouch photos if needed
- The basic knowledge of video production, motion design and editing
- Organizing and maintaining creative data sources (or the willingness to learn)
- File setup and export
- Preparing digital files
- Exceptional organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize, lead, and fill your workload in the absence of explicit direction
- The curiosity to learn more about other creative disciplines and will collaborate across digital marketing design, packaging, and advertising to create memorable brand experiences
- Experience working for a creative agency or startup
- Experience with CPG or beauty brands
- You don’t consider yourself a copywriter, but you can still crack a quip
- You know your way around a camera + photography basics
- You have the capability to execute web design and UX design
- You are experienced with packaging design and can execute design across multiple mediums – and printing formats
- You have experience designing print assets including, but not limited to: brand collateral, flyers, posters, OOH advertisements, illustrations, icons, and more.
- You have experience working in any of the following applications: Capture One, DaVinci Resolve, Blender, Keyshot
- Competitive compensation associated with experience
- Health insurance
- Professional development reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Volunteering Time
- Donation matching and donation budget
- Paid parental leave
- Dog friendly office
In order to be considered, please send a resume and portfolio of your best work.
No recruiters or agencies please.
Bite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive, welcoming, and equitable environment for all. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, socioeconomic status, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Powered by JazzHR
Seniority levelMid-Senior level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
Senior Visual Designer in Marina del Rey, CA
System Designer jobs
Design Manager jobs
Design Team Lead jobs
Marketing Communications Manager jobs
Design Director jobs
Creative Director jobs
Graphic Designer jobs
User Experience Designer jobs
User Interface Designer jobs
Senior Web Designer jobs
Brand Coordinator jobs
Visual Designer jobs
Industrial Designer jobs
Senior Art Director jobs
Senior Graphic Designer jobs
Senior Digital Designer jobs
Senior User Interface Designer jobs