The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Recreation Leader to fill multiple vacancies in the Parks, Recreation & Community Services Department. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The Parks, Recreation and Community Services Department (PRCSD) provides innovative recreational experiences and social enrichment opportunities and continues to address the changing needs for people of all ages and cultures, in a variety of safe and attractive parks, landscapes and facilities.
Recreation Leaders, under close to general supervision, direct, supervise, organize, and conduct recreation activities for various age groups as assigned; performs general facility inspections and maintenance to recreation facilities as assigned.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in and conduct recreation activities, program planning, attend staff meetings, review current programs and make recommendations to immediate supervisor.
- Plan, organize and supervise group activities and programs.
- Keep score or records for citywide youth sports programs as needed.
- Conduct recreation programs, after-school programs, special events, or youth sports as assigned.
- Chaperone at dances, excursions or special events.
- Monitor volunteers to ensure they are meeting city and department requirements as assigned.
- Develop participant and spectator interest, enthusiasm and participation.
- Issue, collect, properly maintain and inventory city equipment and supplies.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and reports of programs and activities.
- Set up rooms for activities or rentals.
- Supervise and monitor facility rentals to ensure applicant complies with city and department policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the department flyers and publications and be able to share accurate information with customers regarding department programs/services.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade or currently enrolled in high school.
Experience: Zero to six months part-time experience as a group activity worker.
Necessary Special Requirement
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Possession of an appropriate, valid class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License is highly desirable.
Documents Required At The Time Of Application
- Completed Employment Application
- Completed Supplemental Questionnaire
Important Information On Scheduling Assessments
If you are selected to move forward in the assessment process, you may be required to self-schedule your appointment. You will be notified via email of your status and provided with self-scheduling instructions. Please check your email regularly following the closing date of this recruitment.
The selection process will begin with an employment application package screening, with the best qualified candidates being invited to participate further in the assessment process. This process may include any combination of written, performance, and oral assessments to evaluate job-related education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Those who successfully complete the selection process will be placed on the eligibility list for this classification.
It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation prior to the closing date of this recruitment.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen, and/or medical/physical examination.
NOTE : The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards. Candidates may reapply when there is a posting to establish an eligibility list.
Proof of education listed in your application will be requested at the time of conditional offer. Acceptable documentation consists of transcripts or degree, if applicable, by the accredited U.S. college or university.
Education obtained outside the United States (US) require one of the following options:
- An equivalency statement from an evaluation company certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) at http://www.naces.org/members.html or the Association of International Credential Evaluators Inc. (AICE) at http://aice-eval.org/members/.
- An advanced-level degree from an accredited US college or university.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED CONTRACT.
Job functionOther, Education, and Training
IndustriesSpectator Sports and Wellness and Fitness Services
Recreation Lead in Riverside, CA
Team Lead jobs
Operations Manager jobs
Senior Project Engineer jobs
Occupational Therapist jobs
Travel Consultant jobs
Operational Specialist jobs
Activities Director jobs
Travel Agent jobs
Event Coordinator jobs
Accounts Receivable Specialist jobs
Asset Manager jobs
Youth Development Specialist jobs
Entertainment Specialist jobs
Mental Health Worker jobs
Youth Worker jobs
Recreation Specialist jobs
Digital Strategist jobs
Recreation Manager jobs
Recreation Director jobs