The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Production Designer - Trading Card Localization
Job Summary: We are seeking a Production Designer for a very specialized role: Creating localized versions of Pokémon Trading Cards for international markets.
This role will work with various teams to produce Trading Card files from the original Japanese art into translated versions in multiple languages. While this position is not creative, it is at the core of our most successful product and requires a passion for high quality and attention to detail. Candidates for this position must possess strong graphic file production skills, be highly organized and exceptionally detail oriented. They must also be accomplished in designing or producing graphic files for print, with a strong understanding of print technology and prepress.
A strong graphic design or production design portfolio is required with your application for consideration.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What You’ll Do
- Create print-ready graphics files in multiple languages using graphics software/applications.
- Adhere to brand standards and strict production guidelines.
- Work confidently with complex graphic files.
- Maintain strict attention to detail.
- Meticulously review proofs from print vendors.
- Keep projects on schedule.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interact professionally with various teams and stakeholders within the company.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary to meet deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Extensive knowledge of print technology and pre-press processes.
- Proficiency in producing design work aligned with brand requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Experience with automated layout systems or localization a plus
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite on Mac OS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesIT Services and IT Consulting, Software Development, and Internet Publishing
Production Designer in Bellevue, WA
International Project Manager jobs
Senior Production Manager jobs
Deployment Specialist jobs
Creative Director jobs
Graphic Designer jobs
Visual Designer jobs
Junior Graphic Designer jobs
Layout Designer jobs
Concept Artist jobs
Computer Aided Design Drafter jobs
Assistant Buyer jobs
Senior Production Designer jobs
Lighting Designer jobs
Assistant Media Planner jobs