Looking for a golden job?
The Product Development Associate is responsible for assisting the PD Team on Development & Production related tasks. This includes sample management, following up with suppliers, participating in cost analysis, updating internal records, and providing updates to relevant cross-functional teams.
The PD Associate will also assist the Creative team in sharing product specs and sample ready dates for photo shoots. Our ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented individual with excellent communication and project coordination skills.
What You'll Do
- Support the Ana Luisa Product Development Team in the development of new products by coordinating spec details with suppliers while enforcing the TNA calendar for product launches.
- Initiate communication with overseas manufacturers on new jewelry and packaging developments.
- Process all data entry into the production management system, including style set-up, costing and packaging details.
- Update costing sheets throughout the development season.
- Issue weekly “WIP” reports on development status to cross functional team members.
- Ensuring all developments adhere to the Ana Luisa methodology for creating sustainable products.
- Manage and track sample requests.
- Sample Management: Logging and organizing proto samples as they come in. This includes tracking, labeling and updating the sample receipt log.
- Reviews prototype samples for product integrity, technical execution and adherence to the design specifications.
- Track comments and ensure spec adjustments are communicated to the Design tea,
- Participate in cross functional meetings with PD, Production, Design and Merchandising to review seasonal collections.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in Product Development and or Industrial Design
- Understanding of supply chain logistics, jewelry manufacturing, and specifications
- Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Clear and concise written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proactive, positive, and hands-on attitude, a self-starter
- Experience working in sustainability or related field
- Adobe Illustrator experience is a plus
- Air Table experience a plus
- Health Insurance and Wellness: 100% Employer-paid health plan (Medical, Dental, Vision); Unlimited Sick days
- Vacation and Time Off: Unlimited PTO; Flexible WFH policy
- Brand Perks: Employee discount; Welcome gift card
- Office perks: Catered breakfasts on Fridays; Fully-stocked kitchen filled with unlimited fruits, snacks and beverages
- Events: Annual company retreat; Office lunches; In-office events
- Volunteer Opportunities: Daily Charity give-back action sponsored by the company; Monthly volunteering options
- Others: Commuter benefits; Fun & friendly company culture, 401K matching
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionProduct Management and Marketing
IndustriesMarketing Services, Software Development, and Internet Publishing
Product Development Associate in Brooklyn, NY
Engineering Analyst jobs
Student Assistant jobs
Marketing Strategist jobs
Sourcing Associate jobs
Market Research Analyst jobs
Senior Development Manager jobs
Process Control Engineer jobs
Design Coordinator jobs
Quality Control Engineer jobs
Ecommerce Coordinator jobs
Inspection Specialist jobs
Packaging Manager jobs
Senior Supply Chain Planner jobs
Junior Graphic Designer jobs
Technology Intern jobs
Wholesale Account Executive jobs
Product Development Coordinator jobs
Assistant Buyer jobs
Intellectual Property Paralegal jobs