At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home décor. We are pioneering a new generation in ecommerce, building the next great lifestyle brand, and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer focused employees across our company – and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company—and your career—together.
We're looking for a smart, strategic, creative editor who can package, craft, and write engaging content for home décor sales of all kinds. Knows the brand voice and can make it sing on each and every piece of content. They will work closely with merchandising heads to make sure the stories we tell are interesting, clear, and always told in the voice of a stylish, trusted friend. Strong writing, editing, and packaging skills are a must for this member on the content team.
- Drive outside partner relationships and content creation with the interior design community, trade industry brands and other tastemakers to maintain and build brand relevance.
- Manage strategy and execution of the new Tastemaker's Edit series, including partner pitching and relationship management and acting as the internal liaison of asset delivery until launch.
- Partner with marketing manager and director on new content ideas for cross channel promotion.
- Drive and increase cadence of blog posts launching on One Kings Lane blog.
- Work with marketing manager and director to develop strategic press pitches that support key business and growth initiatives. Manage inbound press requests
- Ideate new original content to support sales events in all categories
- Write content to support sales events across multiple categories
- Ensure copy adheres to voice, tone, and key concept points
- Write editorial copy for blog and social outlets
- Support brand’s larger content campaigns and initiatives
- Help with editorial efficiencies and communication along with ME and ED
- Develop & execute original content for brand print materials (idea books and catalogs)
- Play a key role in developing fruitful collaborations across departments
- Continue to work on ideation, alignment, communication, and evaluation of content on a monthly & quarterly timeline
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in English/Journalism
- 3-5 years as an editor/writer for a strong brand with distinct, clear voice
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong contacts in the home/interiors space are essential. Public relations experience is a plus.
- Ability to quickly package a story in short periods of time from a small to large scale
- Ability to be agile and accommodate ever changing needs across all lines of business and departments within the company
- Very strong attention to detail and a discerning eye
- Creative, quick solution driven person who can work with great agility
Job functionMarketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing
Market Editor in United States
Technical Analyst jobs
Content Writer jobs
Warehouse Operations Manager jobs
Investment Analyst jobs
Senior Editor jobs
Technical Editor jobs
Visual Merchandiser jobs
News Writer jobs
Assistant Publisher jobs
Fashion Editor jobs
Assistant Buyer jobs
Design Editor jobs