Junior Interior Designer
Dawson Design Associates has been an international, award winning, hospitality design firm and creative agency for 35 years. We offer unlimited possibilities including, but not limited to, career advancement, prestigious projects, and international travel. We are highly collaborative and synchronized with our UK office, working together on all projects. We also work in all fields of design, including Interior Architecture, Interior Design, Graphic Design and Fine Art to deliver newsworthy projects. DDA’s prestigious clientele demand both innovation and exceptional quality of documentation, which is why we hire only the most promising designers. Both our Seattle and London offices are growing, and we are looking for dynamic designers to build the future of DDA.
Full Job Description
DDA is seeking a Junior Interior Designer for our Seattle office. We are looking for bright, new talent eager to start their careers with an established agency. This position works closely with our Art Director, as well as collaboratively with our international team. Offering in depth training to the winning candidate.
As a Junior Interior Designer, you will…
- Have a personal interest in following world trends and keeping abreast of new technology in the design industry.
- Be comfortable working across a range of projects at any one time.
- Manage time efficiently.
- Understands basic Branding and Positioning concepts.
- Able to scan and crop images in Photoshop, manipulate, if required, to eliminate adjacent images, remove writing, etc.
- Able to input sketches into CAD, block up elevations, manipulate floor plans, dimensions, create schedules, tag finishes from redline set, and set title blocks.
- Act with a professional level of conduct and behavior.
- Good communications skills. -Articulates concerns, alerts others to problems, are open and transparent.
- Shows willingness to learn new ideas and processes.
- Ability to quickly learn, retain, and adapt new lessons, skills, and experiences.
- Write professional correspondences in email, transmittals, and letters.
- Develop knowledge of the industry, in both design and hotel operational terms.
- Keep updated on trends and watch ‘what’s hot’ internationally by following the media and reviewing materials provided by DDA.
- Take initiative and move forward on assigned tasks confidently while working independently and competently.
- Able to skillfully negotiate around roadblocks and obstacles to follow through and complete tasks on schedule and within budgeted hours.
- Artistic Talent
- Drive/ Determination
- Reasoning and Problem Solving
- Technical Skills in CAD/ Photoshop
- Active Listening
- 0-2 years of experience in interior design – preferably within the hospitality industry.
- Have a strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative design concepts.
- Be comfortable hand sketching.
- Demonstrate proficiency with AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign, and MS Office.
- Be able to readily capture the intended “look and attitude” that reflects branding and positioning.
- Be a strong communicator and have great listening and people skills.
- Have a passion for creative design solutions and problem solving.
- Possess well-developed visualization skills and be able to convey intent of ideas easily and quickly, both verbally and visually.
- Understand project programming and deadlines.
- Passion for Design with a hands-on, need to know attitude.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture with a grade point average of 3.25 or above from a fully accredited University.
- Portfolio (if applicable)
Powered by JazzHR
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesArchitecture and Planning, Design Services, and Hospitality
Junior Interior Designer in Seattle, WA
Architecture Specialist jobs
Architectural Technologist jobs
Architectural Designer jobs
Talent Consultant jobs
Design Consultant jobs
Project Control Manager jobs
Junior Design Engineer jobs
Design Technician jobs
Design Assistant jobs
Sales Design Consultant jobs
Furniture Designer jobs
Computer Graphic jobs
Interior Design Consultant jobs
Senior Visualizer jobs
Interior Decorator jobs
Interior Design Intern jobs
Architectural Drafter jobs
Interior Design Project Manager jobs
Lighting Designer jobs
Freelance Interior Designer jobs