Junior Interior Designer
Alda Ly Architecture and Design is an award-winning design and architecture firm, whose past clients include The Wing, Parsley Health, Rent the Runway, & ThirdLove. Our team is small but mighty, and built around a collective desire to create thoughtful, innovative, designs for projects we care about. We specialize in workplace, retail, and wellness spaces of all scales for entrepreneurs and creative brands—often with clients who have unique visions and are doing things that have never been done before.
We’ve got a number of exciting projects on tap, and are looking for the next key player in our integrated design team: a full-time Junior Interior Designer. Our ideal candidate is kind, hard-working, and a true self-starter who is looking to gain experience in both interior design and architecture and have ownership and responsibility from day one.
If this is you, please reach out and consider bringing your talents to our team!
- Assist with research, design, selection, specification, & documentation of interior design elements such as furniture, fixtures, finishes, millwork, lighting, etc.
- Contribute to planning and concepting for all interior architecture projects in the office
- Contribute to design and construction drawings and visualizations as required
- Learn from and work closely under the Director of Interior Design, and in collaboration with Project Managers
- Communicate and interface with clients, vendors, dealers, manufacturers, fabricators & contractors
- Maintain materials library and develop product and sample collection
- Design amazing things, daily
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience at an architecture or interior design office
- Comfort with multi-tasking and collaboration within a context of fast-paced projects
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic, communicative and willing to take on a variety of tasks from mundane to exciting
- Work examples that demonstrate a sophisticated design sensibility and technical detail
- FF&E sourcing, documentation and specification experience a must
- Proficient in Revit, Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel/Google Sheets and 3D modeling software (Rhino)
- On-site construction administration/FF&E installation experience a plus
- Ideally currently living in NYC and available to start ASAP
- Excellent English language communication and client-facing skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without need for employer sponsorship
For full-time salaried staff, ALA provides subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k with matching contributions, PTO, and professional development subsidies.
Our office is working remotely for the time being. You may be asked to attend periodic project site meetings in the NYC area. We have a small satellite office in the Financial District where we can perform collaborative design work and have project meetings. We anticipate shifting to a hybrid model of both WFH and in-office in NYC sometime in early 2022.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples in a single PDF to email@example.com. Please use the subject title “Application for Junior Interior Designer (Linkedin)”
We look forward to hearing from you!
Junior Interior Designer in New York City Metropolitan Area
Architecture Specialist jobs
Architectural Technologist jobs
Architectural Designer jobs
Talent Consultant jobs
Design Consultant jobs
Project Control Manager jobs
Junior Design Engineer jobs
Design Technician jobs
Design Assistant jobs
Sales Design Consultant jobs
Furniture Designer jobs
Computer Graphic jobs
Interior Design Consultant jobs
Senior Visualizer jobs
Interior Decorator jobs
Interior Design Intern jobs
Architectural Drafter jobs
Interior Design Project Manager jobs
Lighting Designer jobs
Freelance Interior Designer jobs