We are looking for a bright, kind and goal-oriented Fabric Cutter to help us grow our first Manufacturing facility. We currently have a small and highly experienced team of clothing manufacturing professionals in Mohnton, PA and are looking to add an experienced Fabric Cutter and pattern support to our Mill in Mohnton, PA. Our beautiful mills were built in the 1800’s and have been used to create clothing ever since. Our standards are high and we are proud of the contribution our factory makes to the company and our Clients. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves seriously. We are focused on achieving our goals but like to have fun while doing it.
About The Role
As a Fabric Cutter, you will be responsible for hand cutting clothing patterns used in our Stitch Fix men’s and women’s private label brands. You will be an integral part by cutting fabric made in the Shillington location and partnering with the sewing team to create a finished garment made in the USA. This is an exciting opportunity which enables Stitch Fix to make our own clothing in close proximity to our largest warehouse in order to get it into the hands of our clients faster. The need for this role is currently part-time but may have the opportunity to grow into a full-time role as the business scales.
You’re Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Be part of a highly collaborative team who appreciates the contributions of others; are willing to learn multiple functions to help the success of the team and company; and who take pride in quality work in order to delight our Clients
- Partner with teammates to assist in a variety of processes including but not limited to: understand and interpreting technical packages into patterns, understanding effects of fabric content end use, , and operate fabric spreading and cutting equipment.
- Have a strong attention to detail that will help you to create a top quality finished product for our clients.
- Experience the “art and science” of our business first hand and find creative ways to do things better and more effectively for our Clients.
- You have 2 years of fabric cutting experience working with various types of fabric blends and garment types, and have knowledge of pattern making.
- You are able to identify and communicate a specific plan for every garment creation and make suggestions and adjustments as needed.
- You enjoy working with numbers, tracking and recording production, hourly ratios and materials needed for production.
- You are Bright, Kind, and Goal-Oriented and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, and Responsibility.
- You display a can-do attitude and can be flexible in your role, knowing that the Client is always top of mind.
- You welcome high-quality feedback and see it as crucial to being your best self.
- You think testing and iterating is fun and love being part of the solution when it comes to navigating the unknown.
- You always model safe behaviors including wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintain a safe work environment for your peers.
- You demonstrate responsibility, including excellent attendance and consistently meet goals and metrics.
- You believe in and value doing what’s right and not what’s easy.
- You are energized by being in the action -- you’ll be on your feet 8-10 hours a day, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds that keep your body in constant motion.
- You have great hand-eye coordination.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You are at least 18 years old.
- We are a group of bright, kind and goal oriented people. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- Your feedback and unique point of view will be welcomed, appreciated and expected.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technology and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact.
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to commencing employment.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesRetail Apparel and Fashion, Internet Publishing, and Retail
Cutter in Mohnton, PA
Security Guard jobs
Administrative Analyst jobs
Transport Specialist jobs
Purchasing Assistant jobs
Wholesale Representative jobs
Digital Strategist jobs
Press Operator jobs
Design Assistant jobs
Event Supervisor jobs
Vendor Relations Specialist jobs
Print Designer jobs
Deputy Executive Director jobs
Fashion Specialist jobs
Senior Merchandise Planner jobs