BRAND/DEPARTMENT : POPSUGAR Editorial
OFFICE LOCATION: NY, SF or LA
PEOPLE MANAGER: No
We’re looking for an Editor, Voices to join POPSUGAR, within Group Nine Media! As a member of the Voices team, you’ll support our growing freelance program creating content on our Beauty and Fashion sites. If you are excited about finding new voices to highlight, working with writers to make their content shine, and collaborating with a fast-paced team, we want to talk to you!
Our ideal candidate is a strong and experienced editor with a passion for all things beauty and fashion, a knack for organization, an analytical eye, and experience with SEO-driven content. You’ll be based in our New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles office.
The Editor, Voices will lead by example in demonstrating Group Nine’s values - Care Deeply, Be Brave, Go First, Do Good, Stay Close and Win Together.
What You’ll Do
- Lead content strategy for our freelancer program on POPSUGAR Beauty and Fashion with a heavy emphasis on creating content that spotlights diverse stories and talent, and SEO-driven content
- Assign and edit a high volume of lifestyle content from our pool of over 1,000 freelance contributors
- Evaluate story pitches and submissions from contributors, and choose the best content to be featured on POPSUGAR
- Recruiting diverse voices to feature on the site, assigning and editing opinion pieces, features, and personal essays on trending topics and pop culture
- Consider analytics and previous successes to pitch strategic, winning story ideas
- Work with contributor network to troubleshoot and answer questions as needed
- Work closely with other team members on daily coverage and weekly/monthly editorial themes and planning around upcoming seasonal themes
- Exercising sound judgment in assignments and editing
- Focusing in growing our SEO referral traffic
- Expanding the freelance voices, as well as subjects and topics featured on our Living sites
- Partnering successfully with Beauty and Fashion teams to execute daily, weekly, and monthly content plans around upcoming seasonal themes
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in writing/editing/blogging, online publishing, or related field
- Proven line editing skills and the ability to manage a high volume of copy on tight deadlines
- Experience setting content strategy and working with freelance writers
- A true love and knowledge of all things beauty and fashion
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- A talent for staying ahead of trends and adapting to a constantly changing digital landscape
- HTML and Photoshop skills
- Experience with SEO tools, specifically Google Trends and Google Search Console
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- A network of freelance writers they’d like to bring to POPSUGAR
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I and executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise you’ll work alongside some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other and we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental and vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. We’ve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support and meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer and religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better once you’re here.
POPSUGAR is the #1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site in the U.S. according to Comscore [Comscore, February 2020]. The company reaches young women through its positive and purpose-driven content across multiple platforms, spanning entertainment, fashion, beauty, fitness, parenting, and more. POPSUGAR reaches 1 in 2 Millennial women in the United States and leads all women’s lifestyle publishers in user engagement [Comscore & Platform Analytics, 2019]. In November 2019, POPSUGAR joined Group Nine Media, the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S., and home to The Dodo, NowThis, Thrillist and Seeker [Nielsen DCR, June 2020].
About Group Nine
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nine’s brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, January 2021]; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand globally on social [Tubular, January 2021]; POPSUGAR, the no. 1 most engaged-with Women’s Lifestyle site globally [Comscore, September 2020]; Thrillist, the no. 1 food, drink and travel brand for Gen Z and Millennials [Comscore Media Matrix & Plan Metrix, Q3 2020]; and Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Oscars, Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critic’s Choice, among others.
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesMarketing Services, Online Audio and Video Media, and Internet Publishing
Fashion Editor in New York, NY
Managing Editor jobs
Fashion Editor jobs
Fashion Specialist jobs
Editorial Assistant jobs
Editorial Manager jobs
Communications Officer jobs
Senior Director Of Operations jobs
Freelance Designer jobs
Fashion Consultant jobs
Art Specialist jobs
Creative Head jobs
Senior Director of Product Management jobs
Associate Media Director jobs
Features Writer jobs
Senior Merchandiser jobs
Head Of Content jobs
Music Writer jobs
Online Editor jobs
Travel Editor jobs
Design Editor jobs
Market Editor jobs