Hourglass Cosmetics is a vegan and cruelty-free brand that exists at the revolutionary intersection of science, beauty, and luxury. Established in 2004, Hourglass is known for its breakthrough formulations, technological innovations, and unwavering commitment to reinvention. Following its debut at Barneys New York, the brand has expanded into Bergdorf Goodman, Sephora, Nordstrom, and Space NK in the U.S. and into 1,000 doors worldwide. Hourglass became part of the Unilever Prestige division in 2017. Discover more about the Hourglass brand story and mission on our website hourglasscosmetics.com.
In this role, you will drive global brand awareness and build brand equity for Hourglass Cosmetics through strategic communications, compelling storytelling and elevated brand partnerships. Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer, you will lead the development and execution of the global PR strategy, encompassing talent, events and collaborations. You will establish a solid measurement framework to assess the effectiveness of our communications impact. In addition, you will inspire and guide our regional PR teams and agencies, in maximizing earned media coverage, elevating our positioning in the industry, and giving us exposure to new audiences.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced global communications leader who is creative and agile, and can think outside the box to create engaging strategies that amplify the brand, our purpose mission, and product portfolio. This position involves a high level of strategic thinking, creativity, and vision, combined with the ability to navigate a wide variety of key stakeholders, and lead and inspire a talented global team.
What You Do
- Define the annual global communications strategy and objectives, supporting core franchises, innovation pipeline and purpose driven campaigns
- Create compelling PR launch strategies and materials for all new product launches including key messages, media outreach, launch event concepts, talent and make-up artist briefs, etc.
- Drive creation of all global PR materials including PR mailers, PR toolkits, asset packs, press sheets, talent briefs and event guidelines
- Establish a comprehensive earned and paid talent strategy, across VIPs, influencers, creators and MUA's, overseeing any relevant negotiations and contracting
- Continue to build our community of media, VIPs and talent by fostering relationships, planning unique brand experiences, and securing valuable earned media coverage and content
- Support regional communications teams and agency partners in building strong media relationships and securing best-in-class media placements. Offer global point of view and experience across a variety of media channels and markets.
- Establish global measurement framework for PR/ Influencer efforts, and lead global reporting on regular basis, assessing impact of communications plans and identifying ways to enhance them
- Support the planning of any major events and PR activations in international regions, including new market and retailer openings, and larger brand moments
- Lead and mentor Global PR and Partnerships team, providing opportunities for growth and development
- Manage Global PR and Partnerships budget on annual basis, from planning through to execution, tracking and ROI measurement
- Partner closely across the wider Global Marketing team on campaign development and go-to-market activation planning
- Experience building a global communications strategy for a fast-growing luxury beauty brand
- A holistic and cross-functional understanding of the beauty industry beyond PR, Events & Partnerships: from sales to product development to e-commerce, education to visual merchandising.
- A global perspective, with extensive interaction of international partners and agencies.
- A flexible career path within the company.
- You are highly STRATEGIC: You are able to build effective plans and processes that support brand and business goals.
- You are CREATIVE: You are innovative, and forward-thinking in your approach, and mindset.
- You are extremely ORGANIZED: You're not overwhelmed by the thought of tackling multiple tasks at a time.
- You are DETAIL ORIENTED: You appreciate the importance of having detailed and precise information.
- You are a strong COMMUNICATOR: You are a people person, natural leader and collaborate well with others.
- You are AGILE: You adapt well to changing needs and priorities, and are able to pivot easily to achieve goals and deadlines.
- You are PASSIONATE about beauty: You are eager to learn and absorb all things related to beauty, brand, and product strategy. No job is too small or too large.
- 7+ years of communications experience at an agency or in-house working on beauty, fashion or lifestyle
- Must be an excellent communicator, natural leader, team player
- Strong personal relationships with beauty, fashion and lifestyle media outlets
- A creative storyteller with the ability to generate fresh and compelling narratives that help define our brand positioning within the beauty landscape
- Analytical, with experience tracking and reporting on KPI's for press campaigns
- Adaptable, resourceful and forward thinking
- Global PR experience required
- Experience working at innovative, fast-paced startups or indie brands is a plus
- Must have a college degree
Hourglass is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive its business results and to create a better future every day for its diverse employees, global consumers, partners and communities. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a job listing, please contact us at 310-392-7799 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Job functionMarketing, Public Relations, and Writing/Editing
IndustriesPersonal Care Product Manufacturing
Director Global Communications in West Hollywood, CA
Communications Manager jobs
Public Affairs Specialist jobs
Marketing Communications Manager jobs
Senior Communications Manager jobs
Communications Specialist jobs
Senior Vice President jobs
Head Of Marketing jobs
Communications Officer jobs
Senior Regional Director jobs
Director Of Strategic Partnerships jobs
Communications Strategist jobs
Director Of Partnerships jobs
Director Of External Relations jobs
Director Of Public Relations jobs
Director Of Publications jobs
Director Medical Affairs jobs
Vice President Communications jobs
Marketing And Public Relations Manager jobs
Head Of Media jobs
Vice President Corporate Communications jobs
Vice President Global Communications jobs