Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
This position supports the activities of the Development Office, which includes annual giving, donor relations, advancement services, special events, and volunteer management. The Development Associate’s primary focus is on processing donations and inputting, maintaining, and updating gift and donor information in the Foundation’s Raiser’s Edge database; drafting, uploading, reviewing and completing acknowledgment letters; pulling and sending reoccurring Raiser’s Edge reports; attending and supporting development events; and assisting with Development Directors’ programs. The position involves a high degree of confidential information, managing sensitive relationships and multiple ongoing projects.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Processes gifts including annual, planned, major, campaign, event, tribute, and EFT donations.
- Records and updates relevant constituent and gift information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Processes acknowledgment letters and distributes to appropriate signer. Scans copies of letters signed by Senior Vice President and President/CEO and adds to donor records.
- Prepares and sends letters for memorial gifts and tribute gifts.
- Helps to maintain gift folders in accordance with established guidelines for easy retrieval.
- Maintaining Development Department processes and procedures.
- Assists with data management as needed for various department initiatives including research.
- Assists with special projects/events or other areas within Development as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Training and Experience
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Strong computer skills consisting of a firm knowledge of MS Office, ability to use database management systems. Raiser’s Edge Database experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to type and complete high volumes of data entry without errors.
- Ability to use printer/photocopier.
- Pleasant telephone and personal interaction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional manner in an office environment
- Well organized with good interpersonal relations
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Seniority levelEntry level
IndustriesWellness and Fitness Services, Medical Practices, and Hospitals and Health Care
Development Associate in West Chester, PA
Development Coordinator jobs
Grants Manager jobs
Loan Advisor jobs
Orthopaedic Surgeon jobs
Report Specialist jobs
Grants Writer jobs
Grants Specialist jobs
Market Development Representative jobs
Senior Human Resources Associate jobs
Director Of Community Relations jobs
External Relations Manager jobs
Packaging Development Engineer jobs
Courseware Developer jobs
Monitoring And Evaluation Officer jobs
Court Reporter jobs
Prospect Researcher jobs
Land Acquisition Manager jobs
Real Estate Developer jobs
Public Affairs Officer jobs