At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
By exhibiting exceptional teamwork, boundless curiosity, and the utmost care, the Design Center Associate will assist their team to fulfil Blick’s commitment to our customers, the Arts, and our local communities. The Design Center Associate will do this by acting as a representative of our company to the public handling all customer contact in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
The Design Center Associate is responsible for driving revenue by providing excellent customer service, knowledge of Fine Art Printing, Archival Framing and an eye for design. In addition the associate is to assist in maintaining a neat, clean, organized workshop, design counter, and sales floor. Responsibilities include,
- Consistently demonstrate superior customer service through product knowledge, design skills and other talent that will exceed customer expectations.
- Complete and utilizes the Blick training program, consistently signs up new preferred customers and is able to special order items for customers.
- Have a positive attitude, be willing to learn, problem solve and make decisions in regards to customer satisfaction.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies/procedures as well as loss prevention guidelines.
- Has the ability to process customer transactions as well as layaways accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in merchandising of the store and Design Center. When not assisting customers execute the production log, maintain the sales floor, restock inventory, and keep the sales floor neat and clean.
- Follow direction, prioritize and meet deadlines, and multitask.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Availability to work flexible schedules including day/evening shifts, weekends and holidays as required by the needs of the business.
- Regular attendance in accordance with the retail attendance policy.
- Prolonged walking, standing and climbing ladders.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. while using appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
- Knowledge of custom framing design, ability to measure art and frame components professionally, knowledge of appropriate archival materials and how/when to use them.
- Knowledge of custom framing design, cutting glass, cutting mats, mounting, fitting, ability to determine type of hangers, stretching canvas and fabric
- Understanding of Photoshop in order to open customer files and complete printing orders according to customer specs
- General computer skills including but not limited to word, excel, photoshopCS4, Lifesaver (or other estimating program), the Wizard (or other automatic mat cutter) and the ability to hand cut mats.
- Elevates Service Standards
- Builds High Performing Teams
- Champions Core Values
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds while using the appropriate lifting techniques and following all safety rules.
- Prolonged walking, standing, and climbing ladders.
- Minimal travel in the local area may be required.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionSales and Business Development
Salesperson in Washington, DC
Lead Sales Representative jobs
Retail Associate jobs
Customer Service Representative jobs
Design Manager jobs
Retail Salesperson jobs
Account Manager jobs
Sales Specialist jobs
Retail Sales Consultant jobs
Telesales Representative jobs
Outside Sales Representative jobs
Communications Manager jobs
Loan Advisor jobs
Book Seller jobs
Wellness Specialist jobs
Real Estate Salesperson jobs
Crew Member jobs
Sandwich Maker jobs
Visual Artist jobs
Online Sales Manager jobs
User Experience Researcher jobs