The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing, abstracting and entering data to a new AML patient registry in a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant REDCap database.
The Data Analyst will play a key role in analyzing data, preparing and presenting reports, and executing tasks under the purview of the Tissue Bank Director and leukemia investigators. This will require the capacity to deal with a diverse group of personnel. Ability for multitasking and dealing with high volumes of work and a sense for data, project management, and problem solving are important.
The Data Analyst will abstract clinical data. S/he will participate in the evaluation, maintenance, and modifications of the clinical outcomes database. S/he will generate, analyze standardized reports on patient treatments, toxicity, and outcomes; respond to requests for information regarding AML patients; and participate in collecting follow-up information from outside sources. The Data Analyst will comply with the institutional, regulatory and federal regulations.
The job may involve the ability to sit and work at a computer for up to 8 hours/day; stand/walk for 3-6 hours; lift and/or carry 25 pounds; able to hear alarms, clients and/or instructions; to see accurately from 20 inches to 20 feet.
The UCSF Adult Blood and Marrow Program is a unit within the Division of Hematology & Oncology and its mission is to provide compassionate, patient-centered care and our team of clinicians and researchers are dedicated to improving outcomes for all patients.
The Hematology & Oncology's BMT unit provides the best care possible for patients with acute and chronic blood conditions. These conditions include, but are not limited to, leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasms, aplastic anemia, immune thrombocytopenia, bleeding disorders, clotting disorders (thrombosis) and anemias. Some diseases are inherited while others are acquired, but all require specialized treatment. In addition, UCSF is a leader in blood and bone marrow transplants, which are used to treat a number of blood disorders. Our expert transplant team is comprised of doctors, nurses, social workers and additional health professionals who work together to care for individuals and their families throughout the transplant process.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and one+ years of experience, or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Working skills in statistical analysis, systems programming, database design and data security measures.
- Working skills in analysis and consultation.
- Ability to effectively use medical center’s clinical information and documentation application programs, including but not limited to EPIC (APEX), OnCore, FileMaker Pro, and other data management systems. Ability to perform all commonly applicable functions in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of protected health information. Compliance and knowledge of HIPAA privacy laws.
- Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written. Must be a clear and concise communicator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including but not limited to: problem-solving, teamwork development, leadership, mentorship. Works well with others to achieve common goals. Ability to cultivate relationships with multiple stakeholders at various levels of administration.
- Advanced degree
- Basic Life Support: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- At least 2 years of experience with data management.
- At least 1 year of experience in project/program coordination, either at UCSF or at another academic or research institution
- Working knowledge of research function.
- Knowledge of medical/oncology processes and terminology, experience and knowledge of Institutional Review Board (IRB) policy and procedure, background in science/medicine; preferably in hematology/oncology.
- Prior experience in clinical research in various areas of oncology, or lab-based research
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Code and Payroll Title
006256 RSCH DATA ANL 2
Professional and Managerial, Research and Scientific
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit)
Parnassus Heights (SF)
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Seniority levelNot Applicable
Job functionInformation Technology
Data Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Data Specialist jobs
Data Scientist jobs
Data Processing Technician jobs
Patient Care Assistant jobs
Junior Analyst jobs
Data Processing Specialist jobs
Business Data Analyst jobs
Wholesale Representative jobs
Practice Coordinator jobs
Data Research Analyst jobs
Grants Specialist jobs
Rural Carrier jobs
Child Development Specialist jobs
Senior Data Analyst jobs
Healthcare Analyst jobs
Business Intelligence Specialist jobs
Marketing Data Analyst jobs
Business Analyst Intern jobs
Clinical Research Coordinator jobs
Operations Administrative Assistant jobs
Junior Scientist jobs
Management Development Consultant jobs
Database Administrator Team Lead jobs