Journeyman Cutter Operator
Millennium Print group “MPG”, a Park Communications Company, is a privately held company based in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. Since its inception in 2014 under the current executive team, the Millennium Print Group has assembled a dedicated and highly talented staff of print professionals and has built a world-class organization that is customer focused, market-competitive, and quality driven. Our unique ability offers a variety of services specializing in trading specialty and collectible cards, including Pokémon and Upperdeck.
At the present time, Millennium is doubling our capacity in our Morrisville, NC facility and seeking to hire Journeyman Cutter Operators to join our growing and profitable company. We are seeking individuals that are looking to advance their careers. If you possess the required skills, and experience as outlined below, please submit your resume for consideration.
- Review job jacket specifications and details to prepare the machine and supplies for each job properly
- Measure from edge of sheet using scale to determine incremental cutting positions from guide
- Set up and operate bindery cutter
- Remove sheets of printed paper stack from the load and place them on the cutter bed.
- Jog and align sheets against the cutter guide in preparation for cutting
- Make necessary adjustments to perform the specified cuts for the job
- Inspect finished product and compare to job jacket frequently to confirm that it meets customer quality specifications
- Stack and prepare product for next production process
- Record and document all required process information – including load tags and time sheets
- Develop a proper understanding of process setup, adjustment, procedures, and equipment capabilities order to operate the machine with excellence
- Individually follow and promote all safety policies and procedures
- Clean and maintain machinery and equipment to guarantee quality performance
- Ensure that production and efficiency goals are met
Position Qualifications, Skills, Working Conditions:
- Ability to read and follow written work instructions on job jackets; read and understand product labeling
- Skill in adjusting powered machines using hand tools
- Ability to conduct accurate measurements using the proper tools
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures
- Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (for up to twelve-hour shift)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience which includes setting up and operating bindery cutter equipment.
- Extensive lifting and bending actions
- Physically capable of lifting to 50lbs
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
MPG offers a competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability plans, paid time off, company paid holidays, 401k, and various other insurance plans. All of this is included in a business casual work environment. A limited relocation package will be considered for this position for the successful candidate in accordance with IRS regulations. For more information, please visit our Company Website.
Millennium Print Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Inferred from the description for this job
Cutter in Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill Area