Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in the Repair/(Re)Love Department
- Operate and maintain sewing machines and related parts, i.e. needles, presser feet, automatic cutting tools and blades
- Proficient working on a high post machine
- Assembling and sewing of handbags and leather goods
- Prep-work including, but not limited to: cutting, gluing and skiving
- Troubleshoot basic machinery problems and notify Team Lead
- Work closely with Patternmakers / Leather Craftsman and Team Lead to complete project deadlines
- 5+ years industrial sewing experience is required
- Must have high attention to detail and craftsmanship, with clean stitching, consistent margins and SPI (Stitch Per Inch) on all constructions
- Must willing to assist with other functions, as needed
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Eager to learn and increase skills and quality of work
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Professionalism in attitude, appearance, and approach
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with others
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience on sewing machines
- Understanding of handbag constructions
- Ability to read and interpret design cards and specifications
- Understanding and working experience in luxury leather handbags and goods
- Bi-lingual: English, Spanish
- Experience with stitching on high-post machines
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionProduction, Supply Chain, and Product Management
IndustriesRetail Apparel and Fashion, Manufacturing, and Retail
Craftsperson in North Bergen, NJ
National Business Development Manager jobs
Maintenance Foreman jobs
Booking Agent jobs
Diesel Mechanic jobs
Operating Engineer jobs
Retail Management Intern jobs
Cabinet Maker jobs
Learning and Development Coordinator jobs
Museum Director jobs
Vice President Of Technology jobs
Welding Inspector jobs
Bond Manager jobs