Cosmetologist Hair and Nails Mandara Spa
SIGN ON BONUS MAY BE AVAILABLE
POSITIONS LOCATED IN HAWAII
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN STATE OF HAWAII REQUIRED LICENSES
In Bali, the healing arts are passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter; from father to son. Mandara Spa was founded upon this peaceful Balinese ritual. We began our spa journey with a simple desire to pass this healing knowledge on to all guests seeking solace and relaxation.
Today, there are over 50 Mandara Spas in all corners of the world, each maintaining its reverence for Balinese traditions. When you visit a Mandara Spa, you will experience the passion and belief we have in the healing arts, learned a long time ago, in Bali.
At Mandara spa while our therapists and estheticians bestow their expert touch upon your physical body, its effect resonates through the core of your being. Much can happen in a Mandara moment.
What are you waiting for?
The Cosmetologist in each discipline will be responsible for training and education in their spa on spa services and protocols, ensuring standards are being adhered to and met.
- Ensure proficiency in all services provided associated with area of expertise.
- skincare / waxing
- massage / body treatments
- nail care
- product knowledge professional and retail
- sanitation procedures
- computer training (applicable software)
- Operational responsibilities (will vary by location)
- Provides training and education for new and current (name of spa) technicians to maximize the technician’s understanding of (name of spa) services ensuring best practices are being used in room.
- Coordinate and execute the detailed, standardized, branded, training program for all new hires. Update training materials as needed.
- Strive to ensure that all therapists within the lead techs discipline consistently produce the established retail/service goals.
- Work closely with the spa director to establish daily & weekly targets for the service group
- Required to perform retail training and coach team to achieve the required sales to service retail penetration for specific department.
- Ensure all inventory levels and orders are accurate and meet the spas needs based on volume
- Ensure that all professional stock is distributed to the teams using the correct PAR levels to ensure the reduction in product waste.
- Coordinate all technical interviews
- Ensures that Spa Technicians receive and participate in refresher training for existing services and new training for new, changed or enhanced services. Lead Technician sign off required.
- Spa Director Approval for all training is required.
- Utilize the approved training materials, ensure that Spa Technicians receive and sign off on the receipt of training materials.
- Provide technical guidance to the Spa Managers when discussing guest issues or employee performance issues as they pertain to service protocols or technique.
- Maintains training inventory (i.e. product and supplies) ensuring that there are no out of stock issues for training purposes.
- Provide feedback to the Regional Spa Operations team on ways to enhance current training tools for use in spa (service tools).
- Maintain consistent communication via phone and e-mail with Spa Director.
- Periodically and randomly test each technician to ensure that treatments are being performed according to Steiner protocol and that Steiner Spa standards are being met across the board by all technicians.
- Attend monthly training/meetings with spa operations manager and/or spa director, in person or via phone conference for satellite locations.
- Conduct monthly meetings with technical staff per agenda
- Mandatory attendance at all training sessions.
- Performs other job-related duties as reasonably requested by management
- Technician Schedule Changes including days off, vacations & sick days ( may vary by location)
- Priority Booking Rotation ( may vary by location)
- Inventory Duties ( may vary by location)
- Finding Coverage for Shifts as needed ( may vary by location)
- Professional Supply Order & Receiving ( may vary by location)
- Coordinate and staff off – site events ( may vary by location)
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the Spa. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Experience: (Type of work experience, min. number of years):
- Technical or Administrative Knowledge:
- Computer literate
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have received Cosmetology training from an accredited/approved massage therapy school.
- Thoroughly educated and understands the anatomy of skin and the effects of the specific techniques utilized in order to determine whether such application is contraindicated and/or to determine the most beneficial services to recommend to a given individual.
- Must possess a cooperative and positive attitude, exercising reason.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and provide legible and articulate communication.
- Must be able to interact professionally and with sensitivity to the needs of the guests and co-workers.
- Demonstrates commitment to provide the highest quality skincare therapy to those who seek their professional service.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as scheduled
- Must be able to create, update and edit training manuals, protocols and tests. Must have current Hawaii cosmetologist license.
- Successful applicant should be able to perform hair, nail and make-up services and have some salon management experience.
Powered by JazzHR
Seniority levelMid-Senior level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesRetail, Wellness and Fitness Services, and Hospitality
Cosmetologist in Los Angeles, CA
Pediatric Nurse jobs
Advisory Manager jobs
Direct Support Professional jobs
Banking Advisor jobs
Maintenance Foreman jobs
Creative Director jobs
Doctor Assistant jobs
Executive Sales Manager jobs
Business Student jobs
Resident Doctor jobs
Associate Dentist jobs
Academy Manager jobs
Plastic Surgeon jobs