Experience in 5 star, and Forbes hotel standards is a great plus as well as biligual!
- Understands and uses universal precautions when providing services.
- Assesses contraindications of guest that may prevent service from taking place.
- Cut, trim and shape hair or hairpieces, based on customers' instructions, hair type and facial features, using clippers, scissors, trimmers and razors.
- Analyze patrons' hair and other physical features to determine and recommend beauty treatment or suggest hair styles.
- Bleach, dye, or tint hair, using applicator or brush.
- Shampoo, rinse, condition and dry hair and scalp or hairpieces with water, liquid soap, or other solutions.
- Performs all treatments on services’ menu based on current certifications.
- Suggests to guests other beneficial treatments offered in the spa.
- Understands the ingredients in products and can explain their benefits to the guests. Answers guest’s questions in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Begins and ends all treatments on time.
- Works assigned schedule.
- Ensures that work areas are clean and set according to procedures.
- Informs supervisor of product needs.
- Creates and maintains client cards with treatment notes, when appropriate.
- Completes all assigned side work
- Attends all scheduled meetings
- Attends schedules professional trainings.
- Cleans and disinfects all equipment on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid state license in cosmetology
- Preferred training or certification from hair styling or cosmetology school
- Customer service experience, preferably in a spa.
- Previous hair styling experience preferred.
- Ability to explain various treatments/services to guests.
- Excellent customer service skills and work ethic.
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational.
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong team player.
- Must be comfortable with product recommendation.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Normal work hours varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesNon-profit Organizations, Wellness and Fitness Services, and Hospitality
Cosmetologist in Miami Beach, FL
Program Assistant jobs
Program Coordinator jobs
Education Manager jobs
Warehouse Associate jobs
Medical Doctor jobs
Direct Support Professional jobs
Security Officer jobs
General Laborer jobs
Residential Manager jobs
SAP Specialist jobs
Event Consultant jobs
Fitness Manager jobs
Resident Doctor jobs
Associate Dentist jobs
Fitness Specialist jobs
Yoga Instructor jobs