Estimated pay range
Actual pay may be different — this range is estimated based on Art Teacher in New York, New York, United States at similar companies.
Base pay range
Our campus has an immediate opening for an Art Teacher. This position provides a student centered, supportive classroom that promotes compassion and tolerance, emotional security, resourcefulness, and independent critical thinking while addressing the individual academic and emotional needs of each student through Fusion’s differentiated approach.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the areas of art and creativity at grade levels 6-12.
- Show evidence of adapting and differentiated instruction for all students and a classroom forum for holistic growth.
- Maintain complete and accurate records.
- Develop and maintain genuine, positive and consistent communication with parents.
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community.
- Practice professionalism through ongoing professional development, reflection and continuous improvement.
- In addition to subject matter tutoring and teaching, this position includes significant student mentoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required for consideration.
- Solid subject matter knowledge in a majority of these areas: art and creativity.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite.
- A plus:
- Final Cut Pro
- Graphic Design
- Computer drafting
- Teaching credentials are a plus but are
- Experience with students with learning differences and ADHD is a plus as well as mentoring experience.
- The ideal candidate is outgoing, well organized, competent in basic computer skills, and is an individual who is eager to work in a highly dynamic, energetic school setting.
- Candidate must be prepared to teach and tutor material at a high school level immediately.
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional difficulties.
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student’s Formal Education Plan (FEP).
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect with students with patience and compassion.
- Ability to manage stress, and self-regulate during chaos and crisis, consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork, passionate, genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation, ability to reserve judgment and respond with curiosity and compassion.
About the Organization Fusion Academy is a revolutionary alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences, or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance, Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students' emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionEducation and Training
IndustriesHigher Education, Non-profit Organizations, and Education Administration Programs
Art Teacher in New York, NY
Activities Coordinator jobs
English Tutor jobs
Child And Youth Worker jobs
Creative Project Manager jobs
Certified Teacher jobs
Director Of Assessment jobs
Curriculum Designer jobs
Drama Teacher jobs
Head Of School jobs
Middle School Teacher jobs
Sales Design Consultant jobs
Art Specialist jobs
Public School Teacher jobs
Fine Art Teacher jobs
Children Social Worker jobs
Visual Artist jobs
Science Teacher jobs
Concept Artist jobs
Language Arts Teacher jobs
Technology Teacher jobs
Academic Coach jobs
Biology Teacher jobs
High School Spanish Teacher jobs
Yoga Instructor jobs
Elementary Art Teacher jobs