Architectural Model Builder
Estimated pay range
Actual pay may be different — this range is estimated based on Builder in Washington, District of Columbia, United States at similar companies.
Base pay range
As a Architectural Model Builder, you will….
- Be able to work on tight deadlines and on multiple projects at once
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and written using office standard tools (like Microsoft Office suite)
- Be responsible for general shop management
- Stock common build materials
- Keep tools and machinery in working order
- Organize for efficient workflow
- Maintain and expand local vendor networks
- Provide training and Mentorship to others
- Manage Project workflow and budgeting
- Lead and/or facilitate build teams
- Assist Project teams with a range of fabrication solutions beyond scale models
- Conduct 3D printer operations
- Encouraged R&D explorations
- Encouraged interactions with other ZGF offices and firmwide projects / initiatives
- Encouraged Contributions to Project design
- You are familiar and comfortable with woodshop tools and safety procedures.
- You have demonstrated success working on tight deadlines, multiple projects in team and individual-based environments and managing resources and equipment in a shop environment.
- Manual dexterity and attention to detail in the fabrication and assembly of miniature components is required.
- Your experience includes operating the latest digital fabrication machinery as well as traditional wood-working tools.
- Associates degree in Architecture, Architecture Technology, Fine Art, Industrial Design, related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years minimum of relevant experience with Laser Cutting, 3D Printing and CNC technology, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Proficiency in Rhino. (Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD and other 3D software (like SolidWorks) preferred).
- Cover letter
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionGeneral Business, Management, and Business Development
IndustriesMarketing Services, Architecture and Planning, and Design Services
Model in Washington, DC
Data Modeler jobs
Advisory Services jobs
Architectural Designer jobs
Outreach Assistant jobs
Talent Agent jobs
Show Coordinator jobs
Senior Personal Assistant jobs
Cocktail Server jobs
Flight Control Engineer jobs
Director Business Analytics jobs
Retail Management Intern jobs
Validation Analyst jobs
Director Of Catering Sales jobs
Air Conditioning Engineer jobs
Architectural Drafter jobs
Senior Artist jobs
3D Modeler jobs
Professional Dancer jobs