Designer, Knit and Woven Tops
Executive Design Director
The Designer will create unique and innovative product relative to the seasonal concepts and appropriate for the Anthropologie customer.
- Initiate and complete line plan requirements on a seasonal basis ensuring that the product is consistent with the market trends and business strategy
- Research emerging trends and inspiration as they relate to the Anthropologie product
- Contribute to finding inspiration based upon the concept direction
- Supervise the Assistant/Associate Designers and delegate responsibilities to support the workload
- Globally source and shop raw materials markets and partner with PD to develop them within pricing guidelines
- Communicate style details to PD and collaborate with Technical Design to set-up specifications for confirmed silhouettes
- Partner with PD on the status of styles in development on a daily basis to ensure product execution meets design specifications
- Attend weekly fittings and all relevant design meetings
- Travel to factories for development and execution of programs as needed
- Develop, train, and lead the Assistant and Associate Designers
- Highly creative with the ability to recognize and forecast fashion and cultural trends as they relate to the Anthropologie customer.
- Expert knowledge of garment construction, knit and woven fabrics, trims, washes with the ability to mock and drape on dress forms.
- Detailed understanding of the Knit and woven manufacturing process and technique
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and commercial design solutions
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to multitask in fast paced environment
- Energetic team player with excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with partners in Design, Buying, PD, and Production.
- Proficient computer skills of Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and Illustrator, Web Pdm is a plus
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in knit top and/or soft woven design
Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.
Seniority levelEntry level
Job functionDesign, Art/Creative, and Information Technology
IndustriesSoftware Development, Non-profit Organizations, and Retail
Designer in Philadelphia, PA
Print Designer jobs
Operations Supervisor jobs
User Experience Designer jobs
Graphic Designer jobs
Design Director jobs
Industrial Designer jobs
Visual Designer jobs
Mechanical Designer jobs
Textile Designer jobs
Content Designer jobs
Freelance Designer jobs
Automotive Designer jobs
Furniture Designer jobs
Freelance Product Designer jobs
Digital Media Designer jobs
Freelance Industrial Designer jobs