Analyst, Data Continuous Improvement
Analyst, Data Continuous Improvement
Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Analyst, Data & Continuous Improvement supports the Central Fee Abstraction (CFA) Department by using various reports to identify and track coding and reimbursement trends. The Analyst is responsible for developing, analyzing and presenting meaningful data to the CFA leadership team as well as other organizational stakeholders. The Analyst will participate in the tracking and trending of coder and department productivity, quality and turnaround time as well as denials management, CPT levels and many others as well as, variances in any data by organization, department and/or physician. The Analyst will be responsible for the development and regularly updating the department dashboard.
- Leverages existing reports in Epic, auditing platform, coding platform, Vizient and all other available systems to provide near real-time insights into coding and auditing performance
- Equips Physician Liaison with data and insights to facilitate proactive communication to CFA clinical stakeholders
- Obtain coding, auditing and related data from Epic or other coding/auditing platforms
- Support Physician Liaison in proactively providing audit data and documentation opportunities to departments
- Monitor E/M Level Bell Curves by department to highlight focus audit areas
- Develop recurring reports for departments and division leaders to show CFA’s results
- Analyze KPIs to identify trends and opportunities for CFA; present to department leaders
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Information Management or related field
- 1+ years of previous work experience in data mining with professional fee coding and electronic medical records knowledge
- CPC (AAPC)
- Able to translate complex information into simple explanations
- Mastery of MS Excel; familiarity with MicroStrategy, Tableau, and/or PowerBI
- Familiarity with SQL to extract unstructured data from Epic or other coding/auditing platform
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and third party payer documentation requirements
- Familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT-4 classification systems
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple assignments with minimal direction
- Understanding HIPAA Standards and Patient Privacy
- Curious, inquisitive, proclivity to research “why” trends occur
- Familiarity with ideal state workflows
- Proactive; needs minimal direction from CFA leadership
- Epic PB coding & reporting expertise preferred
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Seniority levelEntry level
IndustriesWellness and Fitness Services, Medical Practices, and Hospitals and Health Care
Continuous Improvement Analyst in Philadelphia, PA