THE JOB / Account Executive, Financial Services Client – Global Sports Sponsorships
Do you love developing events and bespoke experiences? Is hosting and hospitality a passion point for you? Do you love solving problems and bringing large-scale experiences to life? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you.
The Account Executive will support a team in developing innovative experiential activations for our client’s Global Sports Sponsorships programming. You’ll work closely with the Senior Account Executives and Account Managers to support the program development, planning documents, and onsite execution of various upscale hospitality programs that are aligned across properties such as the NFL, MLB, and PGA TOUR! You will be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, delivering a collection of hosting and hospitality experiences across a spectrum of sports, entertainment, and culture platforms!
The ideal candidate is one who thrives in a team environment, has a passion for learning and getting better every day, creating cool experiences, thrives in a dynamic pace, loves details and takes pride in doing what it takes to get the job done. You will be reporting to the Senior Account Executive.
Please also know that the well-being of our employees, partners, fans and consumers are top of mind to our agency, and we are taking measures to ensure proper health and safety initiatives and protocols are in place for our events and activations.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO
- Assist the team with event planning, ticket management, onsite activation, and post-event wrap-up for various hospitality programs
- Support day-to-day team functions to help the team succeed
- Prepare necessary event documents including event guides, itineraries, meeting notes, and post-event recaps
- Effectively facilitate communication and coordinate projects with vendors
- Work with vendors to secure merchandise and other event services/supplies
- Become a trusted resource for clients
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of financial service client’s sponsorship portfolio and business initiatives
- Additional projects as assigned, which may include: assistance on other events/programs, competitive research, property research, etc.
- A moderate amount of domestic event travel will be required throughout the year, including nights and weekends
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU’LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group.
But if that classification doesn’t do it for you, and it shouldn’t, let’s take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That’s where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience
- A passion for events/experiences, hospitality, and sports
- A "no job is too small or too big" mindset, with a can-do attitude and desire to succeed and learn-in a fast-paced work environment
- A standout colleague who wants to know what others are working on and also wants to help
- You enjoy coming up with fun ideas and bringing them to life
- You thrive under pressure and are exceptional at problem solving and offering creative solutions
- A go-getter, who demonstrates initiative and embraces new challenges
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- You communicate effectively, both oral and written with clients and colleagues
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to or more than eight hours at a time
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including weekend and domestic travel
- All applicants must provide proof of COVID vaccination or contact the organization’s HR team if eligible for an exemption
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Seniority levelEntry level
Inferred from the description for this job
Executive Finance Account in Charlotte, NC
Account Manager jobs
Account Officer jobs
Senior Associate jobs
Financial Assistant jobs
Senior Analyst jobs
Sales Account Executive jobs
Financial Accountant jobs
Accounting Clerk jobs
Finance Executive jobs
Junior Accountant jobs
Finance Officer jobs
Senior Finance Associate jobs
Finance Administrator jobs
Audit Manager jobs
Internal Auditor jobs
Fund Accountant jobs
Investment Associate jobs
Senior Finance Executive jobs
Private Banker jobs
Revenue Auditor jobs
Search Associate jobs
Creative Artist jobs
Associate Media Director jobs